Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe
- 20 g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 440 g can pineapple slices in natural juice
- 90 g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to moderate 180°C. Brush 20 cm ring tin with oil or melted butter. Pour melted butter into base of tin, tip to coat evenly. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup of juice. Cut the pineapple pieces into halves and arrange over brown sugar.
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and creamy. Add eggs gradually, healing well after each addition. Add essence; beat until combined.
3. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Using metal spoon, fold in flour alternately with juice.
4. Spoon mixture evenly over pineapple; smooth surface. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
Download Printable Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Recipe (PDF)