How to make Marzipan easily ?
- 750 g icing (confectioners’) sugar
- 200 g ground almonds
- 2 egg yolk
- 2 tabtespoons sweet sherry
- 2 teaspoons glycerine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- few drops almond essence
1. Sift the Icing sugar into а large bowl. Remove a cupful for kneading. Stir the almonds into the Icing sugar and make a well til the centre. Mix together the egg yolks, sherry, glycerine, lemon juice and almond essence and pour Into the well. Stir with a knife until stiff.
2. Use the reserved sugar to dust a work surface and knead the marzipan for 3-5 minutes, adding more sugar to prevent sticking. Knead until smooth and pliable.
3. Use immediately or wrap in plastic and store in an airtight container in a cool place (not the fridge) for up to 3 days. Roll out on a surface dusted with icing sugar to use.
Makes 1 kg (2 lb)
Free Download Printable Marzipan Recipe (PDF)