Delicate French Apple Pie
Note: 1 cup = 250 ml
- 100 g softened butter
- 2/3 cup or 140 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup or 125 g sour cream
- 1 cup or 150 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F. Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and creamy. Add 2 eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add the sour cream and vanilla essence, mix everything carefully. Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices. Add them to the dough and mix everything carefully again. Do not knead the dough for too long, otherwise the cake will turn out very dry and hard.
3. Brush a 20-23 cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base with baking paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre. Leave in tin for 10 minutes, turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Download Printable Delicate French Apple Pie Recipe (PDF)