Cranberry Nut Bundt Cake Recipe by Maria Bruscino Sanchez
” Cranberries, dates, and walnuts make the perfect combination for holiday gatherings. This is the first of many recipes given to me by my mother-in-law. She easily doubles this recipe and makes extra cakes that are ideal holiday gifts for teachers or neighbors.”
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup whiskey
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9-inch Bundt pan. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer on medium speed, mix eggs, sugar, and oil. In a separate bowl, blend flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Gradually add the flour mixture, alternately with the buttermilk, on low speed. Start and end with the flour mixture. Mix just until blended.
4. Fold in cranberries, dates, and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a fine crumb. Remove cake from the oven and place on wire cooling rack. Mix orange juice and whiskey and pour over hot cake.
5. Cool cake in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from the pan and continue cooling on wire cooling rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or frost with Confectioners’ Glaze (page 54).
Free Download Cranberry Nut Bundt Cake Recipe (PDF)