Cute Dinosaurs Coloring Pages & Most Interesting Facts About
Dinosaur Coloring Pages for Kids & Adults to Print Free
Discover for you and your kids 10 most interesting facts about dinosuars
- 1. The word “dinosaur” comes from the Greek δεινός (deinos) – “great, terrible” and σαῦρος (sauros) — “lizard”. This term was introduced by the English biologist Richard Owen in 1842.
- 2. Dinosaur remains have been found on all continents of the planet, including cold Antarctica.
- 3. Dinosaurs have been the dominant animal species for 160 million years. And died out 66 million years ago.
- 4. In fact, there weren’t many giant dinosaurs! Most of the dinosaurs types were as tall as humans, and some types were the size of a domestic cat.
- 4. The largest dinosaurs on Earth were herbivorous sauropods with very long necks. Their height reached 30 meters.
- 5. The smallest dinosaur was Hesperonychus Elizabeth, about 50 centimeters long and weighing only 2 kilograms. It looked like a chicken!
- 6. Scientists suggest that some species of dinosaurs dug burrows-houses for safe sleep.
- 7. Tyrannosaurus means “King of the great lizards”. And this is a well-deserved nickname! It was one of the largest carnivorous dinosaurs – 7 meters tall and weighing 7 tons!
- 8. The largest dinosaur egg was about the size of two ostrich eggs or about 50-60 chicken eggs!
- 9. Many dinosaurs were too heavy to hatch their eggs. Therefore, to keep the eggs warm, the dinosaurs covered the nests with leaves and even mud.
- The bigger the dinosaur was, the longer it lived! Huge herbivorous dinosaurs lived up to 100 of years, while Tyrannosaurus Rex lived only to 30!
Did you know about? 😉 Share It !