Blueberry Banana Cake Recipe by Maria Bruscino Sanchez
This tasty breakfast cake uses mashed bananas for the perfect complement to fresh blueberries. Try a slice with your morning coffee or a hot herbal tea. If fresh blueberries are not available, frozen ones will work just as well.
- 1/4 pound butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed bananas (1 1/2 medium bananas)
- 3 cups plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour a 9-inch fluted Bundt pan. Set aside.
3. In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter. Gradually add sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Add mashed bananas.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just blended and smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, mix blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon sugar to coat. Stir coated blueberries into batter. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a tester comes out with a fine crumb. Remove cake from oven and place on wire cooling rack. Cool cake in pan for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove cake from pan and continue to cool, right side up, on cooling rack.
Free Download Printable Blueberry Banana Cake Recipe (PDF)