30+ Best Classic Cake Recipes for Beginners
To learn how to make beautiful cakes, first of all, you need to learn how to bake basic classic recipes. On the pages of “Mom at Home” cooking blog you will find step-by-step training from simple to complex, which will help you learn all the secrets of the art of making cakes.
The Cakes for all occasions are included in this classic collection of easy-to-follow recipes, from family favourites like Banana Cake and Cinnamon Teacake, to luscious celebratory creations such as Black Forest Cake and Angel Food Cake. The step-by-step photographs, clear instructions and useful tips make cake baking and decorating a pleasure.
At the end of each post, you will find a link for free download cake recipe, which you can save in your cookbook.
- 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 Australian tbsp = 20 ml (4tsp)
- 1 US tbsp = 15 ml (3 tsp)
- 1 cup flour, plain or self-raising = 125 g
- 1 cup flour, wholemeal = 155 g
- 1 cup cornflakes = 30 g
- 1 cup sugar, caster = 250 g
- 1 cup sugar, icing = 125 g
- 1 cup sugar, brown, soft = 185 g
- 1 cup sultanas = 125 g
- 1 cup jam = 315 g